The reason that I started making these face scrubbies is not because I wear make up or use cleansers, but because my friends do and they tell me that they use cotton wool pads that they then throw away.
These are all machine washable and can be reused over and over again. So they can say goodbye to ‘disposable’ when we all know there is no such thing for our planet!
The one thing holding you back?
I guess when we think of handmade we can be a bit nervous that we wont be any good at it! So these each take around 6 minutes to make and the wonderful thing is you can try again and again without wasting any of the yarn.
I have included the YouTube video as you can pause it and rewind it as often as you like!
DIY Crochet Face Scrubbies
- Chain 4 stitches, slip stitch into the first stitch. Chain three stitches from the centre.
- 11 treble stitches to the centre point. – By keeping the end piece of cotton in with the circle it allows you to pull it taught when you do your slip stitch to connect your chain three to your 11th treble
- Into the slip stitch, chain three, then the top of each stitch has two trebles. Creating from 12 stitches on the first row, not 24 stitches.
- Slip stitch them together. from that stitch chain three. The top of the next stitch put one treble, then two trebles to the top of the next.
- Alternate between one and two trebles per stitch. Then slip stitch them together. You should have then created 36 stitches from 24.
- Slip stitch the last ends together and then work the end into the scrubby.
I hope that you find a new love for a simple craft. Crochet has allowed me to make many of my own gifts at Christmas time as well as washing pads for the kitchen.
For more ideas and inspiration do pop over to our site, TheMiniSmallholder and I hope we can get your confidence with handmade crafts up! Handmade really can be more sustainable!